Self care has become essential because of our busy and stressful lifestyle. Stress is affecting about 75% of our population so it is important to indulge yourself into stress-free activities and properly take time to relax and chill.
We know you may think you don’t have time but you’re the only one who can make time for yourself.
Here’s a list of a few tips to indulge yourself in self care on a daily basis, some are a bit more time-consuming but the best is to adapt according to your needs.
- For lunch or after work, you may fetch your favourite meal or favourite dessert and indulge yourself to a delicious lunch/dinner.
- Take the time to properly cook, maybe even try a new recipe, take some time to pick the ingredients and enjoy the cooking/baking.
- If you’re in the middle of work, get yourself a delicious cup of tea or herbal tea.
- You happen to have some old fruits in your kitchen? As long as they’re not spoiled, you may use them to make a rich smoothie instead!
- Meditation is one of the best ways to relax, it can last just a few minutes to hours, it is up to you to make it shorter or longer.
- Yoga is also a great way to relax your mind and stretch your body. Whether you’re a beginner or expert, a good yoga practice will work wonders on your body and mind.
- Soak yourself into a hot bath, you can light some candles and/or add essential oils to bath salts or oil. (Don’t add essential oil directly to the bath, and don’t add them if you have an allergy.)
- Indulge yourself to a moisturising face mask after a long day at work.
- Depending on how busy you are in the morning or evening, get into a long morning/evening skin care routine. Take the proper time to pamper your skin, indulge yourself to your very own face massage, make sure your skin care is thoroughly absorbed. Don’t forget to buy non toxic skin care products for greater results and benefits.
- Exfoliate your face and body in the shower, giving yourself a thorough massage.
- Start a diary, write down your thoughts after a long day, put down what made you happy and/or what drained you.
- Start a bullet journal, there are tons of tutorials on how to start, get ready to unleash your creativity, pick your bullet journal’s purpose, it can help you plan or you can use it to keep track of the books you’ve read, the options are unlimited.
- Getting into a new hobby, starting something new is naturally stimulating, it can be music-related or crafty, anything that sounds tempting to you.
There are many ways to practice self care, so please don’t forget to take it easy once in a while. Both your mind and body need rest.