Today, we want to focus on a specific ingredient in skincare: Rosemary water.
Rosemary is widely known as a flavouring, and although it tastes delicious when cooking, it also has great benefits when it comes to skincare.
In terms of cosmetics, Rosemary is more commonly used as rosemary water or sometimes essential oils. However, rosemary water is way more gentle than rosemary essential oil even though it has very similar benefits. We won’t say it enough, although essential oils are amazing, always be cautious with them, don’t use any pure essential oil on your skin as you may seriously burn yourself and always check for safety guidelines before using them.
Rosemary water works on your skin more smoothly, here is a non-exhaustive list of its benefits on the skin:
- Especially for oily skin, it greatly helps to reduce excess oil production.
- It provides your skin with iron, calcium and several essential vitamins.
- Rosemary is a strong antioxidant, which gives skincare anti-ageing properties. Additionally, it will help prevent damage to your skin from environmental agents.
- Thanks to its stimulating effect on improving circulation, rosemary water will reduce puffiness by removing excess water from the skin tissues.
- Because rosemary water absorbs deep into the skin, its benefits will go farther than just the surface of your skin, working on your outside as well as your inside.
We’ll share a few more benefits of rosemary on your general health:
- Rosemary can be brewed for tea, a rosemary tea will work wonders on your digestion helping the whole process and keeping your gut healthy thanks to its antispasmodic properties.
- As we said before, rosemary is rich in antioxidants, therefore, it helps to boost your health and prevent damage caused by free radicals.
- Thanks to its high concentration of antioxidants and vitamins, rosemary boosts your immune system.
- Last but not least, rosemary oil has been used to treat hair loss conditions, it is also possible to find rosemary in some shampoo/conditioner to boost hair growth.
Rosemary is a very strong and versatile ingredient frequently used in non toxic skin care products. The Discovery’s Radiant Glow serum contains rosemary water among other powerful bio-active ingredients, making it such an effective serum.